Buffaload Logistics has opened a new 6-bay cross-docking facility at its 16 acre Huntingdon headquarters which, says the company, will increase capacity by up to 50% and provide a permanent ‘buffer’ for peak seasonal demands.
Designed to accommodate Buffaload’s unique high capacity double deck temperature controlled trailers, the chilled facility will take in trunked loads from various suppliers during the afternoon and then cross-dock via specific customer-designated lanes for consolidation and onward movement to various retailer RDCs throughout the night.
“This impressive new chilled pallet handling facility” says Sales Director Graham Usher, “complements our existing cross-docking operations and gives us the capacity to cope with any level of demand. We currently operate 65 double deck reefers, each of which can carry up to 44 pallets at up to 1.85m in height and at 60% greater capacity than a conventional 13.6m trailer, that adds up to a significant pallet throughput every night”.
As a further part of the company’s ongoing growth programme and due to come on stream during next year and 2016, Buffaload expects to open a 7,500 sq. metre temperature-controlled warehouse and 6 bay workshop at the Huntingdon site. Buffaload will also be taking delivery of additional double deck trailers during 2014.
Buffaload offers the following services:-
- Temperature Controlled Transportation
- Ambient, Chilled and Frozen storage
- Rental of Double Deck Trailers
- Rental of Urban Multi temp trailers
- Temperature Controlled Consolidation with cross dock loading
- Storage and Distribution of High Value and Perishable Goods
- Double Deck loading bay modifications
- Double deck serving and & repairs
- Trailer servicing and repairs
- Fridge repairs
- Emergency Courier Logistics
- Loading Dock modification to accommodate double deck trailer
Tel: 08700 343343